image12

Bellarmine Chapel Parish

Dedicated to Ministry

 St. Robert Bellarmine Parish is a congregation of about 720 households from many neighborhoods in the greater Cincinnati and northern Kentucky area. Parishioners are drawn to Bellarmine Chapel’s encouragement of lay ministry, active social concern and inspirational preaching. The parish is still staffed by members of the Jesuit Community at Xavier University.

Guided by Catholic social teaching and the Jesuit ideal of preferential love for the poor, Bellarmine Chapel works to promote justice in Cincinnati and the world. In this spirit many Bellarmine parishioners strive for and work actively toward an economy of community, conscience, solidarity and fairness that promotes human dignity.

The parish is proud of their connection to Christian ministries in developing countries and their membership in the Interfaith Hospitality Network, St. Vincent De Paul Society, Habitat for Humanity and other programs and projects.


 Bellarmine Chapel
(513) 745 - 3398

Mailing Address:
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45207-2211


Physical Address:
3801 St. Francis Xavier Way
Cincinnati, OH  45207


Parish Center Address:
3832 Ledgewood Dr.
Cincinnati, OH  45207
 

About the Facility

 

The chapel was remodeled in 1998, and an addition was designed and built in 2004. This addition provided more office space, a work room, and an expanded narthex which contains a permanent baptistry pool. Bellarmine Chapel, once located in the Schmidt Library founded in April of 1927 served as a parish church and college chapel. Only in the year of 1962, a new chapel was built. Its 122 foot roof span in the form of a hyperbolic paraboloid, is not supported by the walls beneath. Instead, a system of underground steel cables under a tension of 465,000 pounds provides the force necessary to support the two roof abutments. Mr. Albert V. Walters was the architect of the chapel.